Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Social Sales - is the way forward

For all those Salespeople who are still afraid of the Transformative Powers of Social Media, some key thoughts to apply:


Meet your prospects on the networks they actually use:

Look at any of the prospect’s social media profiles, like Twitter, LinkedIn, and maybe their blog. 

Sometimes they themselves might not be active but other leadership is, be attentive and make sure you are engaged online.

During the buying cycle, don’t rely only on email and the phone to stay connected. Engage people through social media as well to make sure you are covering them from all sides.  



“Socially surround” prospects using all the tools at your disposal:

 I will connect on LinkedIn, follow on Twitter, RT or favorite a tweet. I will figure out whom my buyer trusts and learns from and I will Socially Surround them as well. 

I leverage the technique of ‘I see you tweeted about say an XYZ Book, awesome book, you might also enjoy ABC Book because etc etc’ 

I also use Google alerts extensively to track mentions of both my potential buyers and customers. I want to stay engaged with my customers because they are my best source of leads, referrals and in some cases advocacy.


No comments: